My paintings are all based on my life and moments that have left their mark
Lola Tehver is an Estonian painter who started her artistic career in 2014. She has studied Russian and Slavic philology and media and advertising at the University of Tartu. In addition, Lola has studied classical painting at the Open Academy of the Estonian Academy of Arts.
The recurring theme in her work is female sexuality. In her bold, colourful works, Tehver explores the form of being a woman and the conscious use of womanly energy. The archetypal, instinctive, sexual and cyclical nature of a woman, her developmental path, feminine wisdom and the fire of creativity.
She often paints the powerful inner world of a woman. According to Lola, it all somehow comes naturally from within herself. In women, despite all the cultural layers, some fragment of primal force has survived, which Lola depicts through her figurative paintings. A woman is smart, powerful, aware of her power and able to use, but not a woman that subjects to the masculine hierarchies of society.
A woman is able to sense the power in her body, and this is the reason that she is divinatory. That’s the secret we always forget – women wield power that is naturally within us. All of us, in fact, but women have much easier access to it for some primal reason. A woman only needs to creatively release the power – be it in a dance, song, literature, or sex. Women perceive the world more deeply and in a more primal manner than men. We have been made to be different. Only through acknowledging and recognising the forces within us can each of us make truly magical changes in our lives.
Lola has participated in several international group exhibitions in Venice (2014) as well as in Finland (2020) and Latvia (2021). Since 2016, she has participated in several group and solo exhibitions in Estonia. Her works can be found in many private collections in Estonia and in different parts of the world. Lola is a member of the Estonian Painters Association.
- 2022 Innovation Home Kamppi, Helsinki, Finland
- 2022 Museum of Fat Margaret, Tallinn, Estonia
- 2022 Staapli 3 Art Gallery, Tallinn, Estonia
- 2022 Viimsi Library, Tallinn, Estonia
- 2021 R14 Restaurant, Tallinn, Estonia
- 2020 “Dimorfism”, Viimsi Huvikeskus (Viimsi Amusement Center), Tallinn, Estonia
- 2019 "What should I wear tomorrow?", NailSpa, Tallinn, Estonia
- 2019 Plan B Restaurant, Tallinn, Estonia
- 2018 "Feminine world of knowledge", NailSpa, Tallinn, Estonia
- 2016 “Beautiful Womens and Their Beauty”, NailSpa, Tallinn, Estonia
- 2022 The annual exhibition of Estonian Painters' Association “Contemporary Estonian Art: Love Story”, The Museum of New Art, Pärnu, Estonia
- 2021 International biennale "Marina 2021", Jurmala City Museum, Jurmala, Latvia
- 2021 OKKK-7 Group exhibition, KÄRBES, Tallinn, Estonia
- 2021 The annual exhibition of Estonian Painters' Association “Contemporary Estonian Art: Temporary space”, The Museum of New Art, Pärnu, Estonia
- 2020 "WOMAN.REPLACEMENT BODY", Estonian Painters Association`s curated exhibition, NOORUS Gallery, Tartu, Estonia
- 2020 "Unlimited Reality", Galleria KOOKOS, Helsinki, Finland
- 2020 The annual exhibition of Estonian Painters' Association “Contemporary Estonian Art: Global/Local”, The Museum of New Art, Pärnu, Estonia
- 2020 OKKK-7 Group exhibition, Alexela Concert Hall, Tallinn, Estonia
- 2019 Gallery 3.14, Tallinn, Estonia
- 2019 The annual exhibition of Estonian Painters' Association “Contemporary Estonian Art: Reality and Ideal”, The Museum of New Art, Pärnu, Estonia
- 2019 OKKK-7 Group, Salme Kultuurikeskus, Tallinn, Estonia
- 2017 Estonian Art Academy group, Kultuurikatel, Tallinn, Estonia
- 2014 Group exhibition “Venezia E L’ARTE”, gallery,Venezia, Italy
- Estonian Painters' Association